Are you moving to Thunder Bay with dogs, and wondering what there might be here to do with them?
Thunder Bay has a very large community of ‘dog people’, so not to worry- there is no end to what you can do with your dogs here!
Whether you have a ‘pet dog’, a ‘performance dog’, a senior dog, or a special needs dog, there is truly an abundance of support and resources available to you!
Here is my list of the top 10 MOST awesome things that make Thunder Bay THE place to live with your dogs;
- Positive Reinforcement, top notch training facilities– we have a very nice selection of wonderful training facilities to work with your dog. All levels are welcome. There is everything from puppy training and socialization classes, general obedience and clicker training, show handling, rally-o, rally- freestyle, tricks, agility, nose work, barn hunt, canine conditioning, herding- these ARE JUST A FEW of the many classes to choose from.
- Did I say Canine Conditioning? YES! Thunder Bay is fortunate to have a Certified Professional Canine Fitness Trainer– which is AWESOME! Trust me- my 15.5 year old dog has never been the same (in a very good way) since taking part in these classes.
- Reactive Dog Training and Support– if you have a reactive dog, not to worry! I can relate to exactly what that’s like, and fortunately, many others in our dog community can also relate. The important thing is to come out and stay involved!
- Trials Galore! While I personally focus more on agility, herding, and barn hunt we are also fortunate to have tracking, scent detection/nose work, show and many other types of trials to attend without having to travel.
- Dr. Dana Gleeson Animal Chiropractic Clinic. We are BEYOND fortunate to have the expertise of Dr. Dana here in Thunder Bay. I also highly recommend The Gleeson Clinic of Chiropractic for human care too:)
- Amazing Veterinary Care and several Clinics and Doctors to choose from with different areas of expertise.
- 4 City Run Off leash Dog parks. While I don’t personally use the off leash dog parks, I think it’s fantastic that we offer the space for people who choose to take advantage of them.
- Awesome hiking trails and swimming holes– Thunder Bay has an abundance of beautiful trails with rivers, streams and lakes for both you and your dog to enjoy- fun during each of our seasons.
- Because we have such a strong dog community, we also have numerous pet service related businesses– grooming, pet supplies, boarding facilities, home made treats, you name it- we likely have access to it here in Thunder Bay.
- The people– I saved the best for last! Everyone is super supportive and welcoming- if you are moving to Thunder Bay with dogs- please reach out- we are all more than happy to help, or to answer questions, and we look forward to meeting you!
In all honesty, this is just a very short list of all of the wonderful things that Thunder Bay has to offer, if you are moving here with dogs and are wondering what to do. Thunder Bay friends- if I’ve missed something, please leave a comment below!