Buying a home in the winter can be very advantageous.
Here is What you Need to Know, About Buying a Home in the Winter:
Buyers aren’t out in large numbers quite yet, although as soon as the weather starts to warm up a bit, and the days get a bit longer, that will change quite quickly.
Many Buyers tend to become a bit less focused in the middle of winter, and serious Buyers have less competition to contend with.
Listings tend to sit a little longer, and generally, Sellers are quite serious about selling if they have chosen to list their home in the winter.
What does all this mean?
Well, my suggestion to smart Buyers is to hurry up and buy now, while Sellers are motivated to sell, Buyer competition is much less, and market prices are lower.
Don’t wait until Spring Market (which actually starts towards the end of February) when the market becomes frenzied with other Buyers just like you.
All looking to buy the Exact. Same. House
See what I mean?
So, if you are buying a home this winter, hurry up and beat the rush!
What you can do now;
If you are serious about buying a home this winter, and are looking to save a little bit of money by beating the Spring Market rush, my suggestions to you are;
- Get a mortgage pre approval ASAP.
- Work with a Buyers Agent- a Good Buyers Agent will prove invaluable to your home search. You can read more about Buyer Agency here.
- Have your Agent set you up with Client Connect- you will receive listing notifications the instant a new listing is listed that meets your criteria.
- Be diligent- follow up when you see listings that you are interested in- the early bird gets the worm and this is no time for complacency.
- If you see something you love- don’t contemplate the possibilities for too long- act quickly!
If you would like some help with buying a home this winter, let me know– I would be happy to help!
Happy Winter House Hunting