So, you’ve decided the time is right to sell your house… now what? Well, prior to actually listing your home, there are a few things that you should prioritize. You want Buyers to perceive your home in the best light possible.
Here are my 5 top tips to help you sell your house, like a BOSS!
- Declutter, declutter, declutter. Rent a storage space if you have to- potential Buyers will have a very hard time looking past clutter to see the positive features of your home. You will want your closets to look spacious, your home to look open, counter tops to look sleek and object free. Buyers will want to be able to navigate through your basement without bumping into boxes and excess furniture.
- Lighting. Hugely important, a bright and airy home creates not just a visually pleasing space, but also feels great. Open blinds and make sure that draperies aren’t too heavy or dreary. Clean windows and window panes. Where there is a lack of natural bright light, add bright lighting.
- Curb Appeal. Don’t be a drive-by. Make certain that the exterior of your home presents a charming and inviting picture. Tackle exterior maintenance, make sure walkways are clean and clear, and that garden beds are weeded. Add a few pots of flowers, or in the winter, some pine or balsam type arrangements.
- Eliminate Odours. If you have pets, eliminate any pet odours. Keep kitty litters clean, pet fur vacuumed, and please don’t take the dogs for a swim right before a showing:) Candles and air freshers can also be very off putting, so I don’t recommend going over board with those either. On that note, everyone loves the smell of a fresh baked apple pie, cinnamon buns, or cookies.
- Price. If your home is not priced correctly, it will cost you more in the long run. You can read more about the importance of pricing here.
By following these very important tips you will be well on your way to Selling Your House, Like a Boss. For more information on how to best sell your home, contact me and we will further discuss the best strategy for you.
No comments yet.