Here is a quick snapshot of the Thunder Bay Real Estate Market for the week of January 23rd- 27th 2017. We are seeing an increase in the amount of properties being sold firm and leased, with a decrease in the amount of properties being listed for sale. Nice residential listings are at a premium right now. What this means is that we are in dire need of new residential listings, in affordable price ranges. It’s a great time to sell, with limited competition!
- 20 new residential listings and 3 new lease opportunities
- 26 sold firm– which included 1 multifamily property, 2 lease opportunities, and 1 vacant land
- 21 conditionally accepted offers, which included one commercial property
- 5 expired listings and 2 cancelled listings
To date, for the month of January, we have had;
- 101 detached and semi detached properties newly listed or re- listed
- 53 of which have sold firm
- with an average listing price of to date of $246,162
- and an average sale price to date of $234,928
- 95.44% of asking price to date, month of January 2017
January and February are really great times to list your home for sale- there is limited inventory (much less competition), and the Buyers that are in the market for a new home tend to be very serious! Call me if you are thinking of selling this winter- I’d be happy to further discuss market conditions and how they relate to your home specifically!